Our state organization, the Tennessee Soccer Association, does not sanction travel teams younger than the U9 age group (for the fall of 2018, that is players born in 2010). The Jackson Futbol Club supports this philosophy and believes in growing our youngest players in a non-competitive environment focused on the development of basic skills, coordination and an understanding of the game.
Coach Paul Conway leads our youngest groups. He is currently the Head Coach at the University School of Jackson and was formerly the Head Coach at Lambuth University. Coach Paul holds an A license, the highest available in this country. For reference, this license would allow him to coach the US National team. Nowhere will you find such a highly qualified individual working with such young children.
For the Fall of 2018 and Spring of 2019, JFC offers two training programs for players who are too young to travel.
- Wolf Pups for players born in 2013, 2014 and 2015
- Meets six times per season on Sunday afternoons
- Fall season usually begins right after Labor Day, and spring season usually begins right after Easter
- Cost is $75 per season, which includes a t-shirt
- No uniform required
- No travel involved
- U8 Wolves & Lady Wolves Academy for players born in 2011 and 2012
- Train twice per week for 75 minutes per session
- 3-month season (August through October for fall and February through May for spring)
- Cost is $150 per season with training jersey included
- No other uniform required
- Still primarily a training group, but players in the second year have the opportunity to play in friendly matches against other clubs
- No overnight travel required
PLEASE READ BEFORE FOLLOWING THE REGISTRATION LINK!
FAQs regarding registration...
- The system is charging me $150 for Pups and $300 for Academy. What's up with that?
- The registration system ASSUMES that all players, regardless of age, will play in the fall AND the spring. Because of this assumption, when you get to the end of the registration where you pay the fees, it tries to charge you for both seasons. If you know you want to do both and want to go ahead and pay for both, you can pay through that link. (Don't worry; if something happens and you change your mind later, we can refund you for the unused period.) HOWEVER, we do realize that with players this young, you might not be ready to do that (even though we certainly hope you do both seasons!). So if you aren't ready to commit to both, tell the registration system that you are paying by check. It will ask you for a check #. You can put in anything at all. We don't use that field. Then go to this link to pay online for just one season https://my.cheddarup.com/c/pay-your-jfc-club-dues-online-here or you can mail a check to 98C Northstar Drive, Jackson TN 38305. Be sure to put your child's name and either Pups or Academy in the memo field.
- The system is asking me to upload a picture of my child. Why?
- You are asked to upload a picture of your child as part of the registration process. This becomes your child's "soccer ID card" and can also be helpful in the case of a missing child (God forbid). The registration system is secure and your child's record can only be accessed by you and club administrators. However, we understand that some parents may have concerns about this. If you don't wish to upload a picture of your child, just upload a picture of anything. A tree, your dog, your car, whatever. Something must be uploaded, but until they reach travel age, it doesn't have to be a picture of the child.
- Should you have any questions at all, you can contact our Pups and Academy administrator, Lindsey Young, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Chris Baker in the Wolves office at email@example.com or 731 499 1025.
REGISTRATION LINK for Academy
REGISTRATION LINK for Pups